Where Aviation was once the entire ministry, today MAF also provides communication services such as HF/VHF radios, as well as VSAT (high-speed Internet connections via broadband satellite) technology that brings email, fax, and voice communications wherever people minister. MAF’s learning technologies department uses modern technologies to bring biblical training to those in the most remote areas.
This year, it will require $46.3 million to operate ongoing programs, launch new initiatives, expand services and conduct a capital campaign. Total funding from support raised by MAF missionary staff, field revenue1, and planned gifts through the MAF Foundation amounts to $37.1 million or 80% of total ministry costs. We seek the remaining 20% percent—or $9.2 million—from caring partners: individuals, churches, and foundations. See the MAF Annual Report for more information.
1The mission organizations we serve defray only a portion of the costs. Indigenous people with little or no resources increasingly need our services, and in such cases MAF subsidizes costs.
Note: These are numbers from 2011. 2012 are numbers coming soon.
Ministry Activities - Direct & Indirect
(Evangelism & Church Nurture, Medical Assistance, Community Development, Disaster Response, Indigenous Training & Development)
Missionary Staff Expense
(Salary& Benefits, Housing, Medical Care, Language School, Children's Education, Travel)
Restricted Capital Projects
(such as aircraft purchases and building hangars)
General & Administration
Fundraising & Organizational Communication
Accountability and Trust
Financial gifts to Mission Aviation Fellowship are a sacred trust. We utilize funds wisely and for the purposes designated by the donors. MAF maintains the highest standards of financial accountability and public disclosure to donors, the government, and the world at large. An independent audit is conducted annually.
||The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (www.ecfa.org)
Mission Aviation Fellowship is also a member of:
See the MAF Annual Report for more information. To receive a copy of the most recent MAF Audited Financial Statement, please send an email to email@example.com
In most cases you can give to MAF through your workplace United Way campaign. However, you should check with your employer to make sure it's possible to designate MAF on your pledge form.
Yes! Simply designate #10989 (the MAF ID number) on your pledge form. MAF is listed under "Christian Service Organizations of America." However, when giving through CFC it is not possible to designate your gift to a specific MAF missionary or project.
Yes! You too can be part of the MAF ministry. Perhaps you have served as a missionary, or felt God's call at one time, but the circumstances were not right. Or, God placed missions on your heart only recently. Whatever your situation, God can use you, if you are willing. Learn more »
Through the volunteer ministry of the MAF-Advocate Wing, you can serve the Lord, help transform lives, and build God's Kingdom throughout the world ... right where you live! Learn more »
Visit Serve with MAF to learn about career missionary opportunities with MAF or short-term assignments. MAF needs pilots, mechanics, information technology specialists, teachers, and more.
No, except when we ferry a new plane to one of our overseas bases. Whenever MAF acquires an additional aircraft, we modify it extensively for field operations. Then an MAF pilot flies it to its final destination. For this trip, the aircraft is equipped with an extra fuel tank containing approximately 230 gallons of fuel. The pilot is then able to fly the plane nonstop for up to 20 hours.
The MAF email address style is the same for everyone. Simply follow this format: first letter of first name + last name + @maf.org. Use all lower case letters without any spaces—for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.O. Box 47
Nampa, ID 83653
112 N. Pilatus Ln.
Nampa, ID 83687
Phone: (208) 498-0800
Toll-Free (800) FLYS-MAF
Fax: (208) 498-0801
For general inquiries, email email@example.com