West Congo (DRC)
Mission Aviation Fellowship provides vital aviation and radio communications services to Congolese churches, Christian missions, and non-government organizations (NGOs) ministering in west Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
In west DRC, MAF light aircraft and communications networks offer a valued solution to barriers created by vast distances, jungles, and ever-changing rivers.
Eight MAF missionary families and over 20 indigenous staff members operate and maintain aircraft from bases in Lubumbashi and Kinshasa. MAF sustains and multiplies the ministry efforts of expatriate missionaries, national Christian workers, social workers, and a 350-bed hospital in Vanga. MAF pilots and planes conduct emergency medical evacuations, transport medicines from the hospital to outlying areas, deliver evangelistic materials, as well as enable training events, learning institutions, social action projects, and crisis relief. MAF communications services facilitate short-term projects and events, and link church leaders, remote centers, and outposts.
In the past 12 months, the MAF program in west DRC ...
- Executed 1,991 flights
- Transported 5,727 passengers
- Delivered 752,264 pounds of cargo
9Q-CMO is a Cessna 208 Caravan serving in west Democratic Republic of the Congo. 9Q-CMO flies roughly 1,200 passengers, 195,000 pounds of cargo, and 57,000 miles every year.
Learn More/Adopt »
- Birkemo, Nate & Terra (west)
- Blomberg, Jonathan (east)
- Burton, David & Nancy (west)
- Cadd, Jon & Cher (east)
- Carlson, Daniel & Karen (west)
- Clairmont, Randy & Vanessa (west)
- Francis, David & Sandy (west)
- Frey, Nick & Jocelyn (MAF Canada) (west)
- Fuller, Owen & Stephanie (east)
- Harkonen, Timo & Laura (east)
- Hochstetler, Rod & Valerie (west)
- Jacobsson, David & Donna (east)
- Lincoln, Stan & Pam (east)
- Lind, Matthew & Lisa (west)
- Martin, Joey & Kathleen (east)
- Pederson, Garth & Jody (west)
- Petersen, David & Ashley (east)
- Rogers, David & Amy (Uganda) (east)
- Shutts, Mike & Sharol (Uganda) (east)
- Spann, Kevin & Tasha (west)
- Strietzel, Lary & Sheryl (east)
- Wills, Sam & Dawn (west)