Eric and Hannah Bell, new missionaries with Mission Aviation Fellowship, are excited about their assignment to Indonesia. As a pilot/mechanic family, Eric will maintain and fly MAF’s aircraft to meet the needs of national pastors and missionaries, humanitarian and relief organizations. Their family ‘creed’ is Romans 15:5-6, and their aim is to glorify God through all of life wherever they may be. A verse that has been influential for Eric is Jeremiah 29:13. “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” The call to search for God “with all your heart” contains a particular challenge and continuing goal in life.
Hannah also desires to pursue this goal of wholeheartedly seeking the Lord and exemplifying His love in everyday life. She is excited to see what her role will be with MAF. Being quite outgoing, she looks forward to building relationships for the Kingdom, making God’s love known, as shown in 1 John 4:12 – “No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.”
Eric and Hannah feel blessed to be called together for this ministry with MAF. They have known each other since high school, having attended the same church and participated in the same youth band. Married December 29, 2012, they eagerly await all that God has to teach them.
God calls the men and women of MAF to serve Him in unique ways. He may also be calling you to a special role in the Bells’ ministry. Please prayerfully consider becoming a Ministry Partner with them through prayer and/or financial support.
- Born in Memphis, TN; raised in CA, TX, and MD
- Raised in a Christian home—influential in his becoming a follower of Jesus
- Graduated from Liberty University with a B.S. and Flight and Maintenance Certificates
- Currently holds Airframe & Powerplant certificates, Commercial certificate, Instrument and Flight Instructor ratings
- Major missions influence came from exposure at Liberty University
- Loves hunting, sports, and all things outdoors
- Born in Winter Haven, FL; raised throughout the southern East Coast
- Raised in a Christ-saturated and missions-focused home, school, and church; during high school more focused and devoted to a personal faith in Jesus
- Became aware of and burdened by those around the world with little or no access to the Gospel; sought mission training at New Tribes Bible Institute
- Loves ministering to children, the outdoors, and being with people