Steve and Nikki Simpson are missionaries with Mission Aviation Fellowship. As a pilot/mechanic, Steve is responsible for transporting missionaries, national Christian workers and medical personnel to villages in need. Nikki is raising their daughters, Bekah and Hannah, and finding opportunities to use her experience as a midwife to meet needs in the local community. They are excited to serve together in ministry as they pursue God’s calling on their lives.
Steve grew up in a godly home in California and became a Christian at a young age. He was initially exposed to mission aviation when his family moved to Papua New Guinea short-term with Wycliffe Bible Translators during his elementary school years. That experience stayed with Steve as he grew up and entered high school. He spent a few weeks with an MAF family in Ecuador during his junior year, where he realized God’s calling to serve as a missionary pilot. Steve dated Nikki during high school, and after going their separate ways during college; they were married six years later in 2007.
Nikki was born and raised in Stuart, FL, and also became a Christian at a young age. Helping to build a hospital in Mozambique during the summer of her senior year of high school left Nikki with a calling to serve God through healthcare. She developed an interest in midwifery and initially pursued her career as a Labor & Delivery Nurse. She then earned her Master’s Degree and continued her career as a Certified Nurse-Midwife.
God calls the men and women of MAF to serve Him in unique ways. He may also be calling you to a special role in Steve and Nikki’s ministry. Please prayerfully consider becoming a Ministry Partner with them through prayer and/or financial support.
- Born in Visalia, CA
- Lived in Papua New Guinea, Indiana and attended middle/high school in Stuart, FL
- Graduated from LeTourneau University in Longview, TX with a Bachelor’s of Aeronautical Science Degree, Flight Science
- Graduated from Belmont University in Nashville, TN with a Master’s of Education Degree in Nonprofit Leadership
- Holds Commercial Pilot, Certified Flight Instructor Certificates (Instrument and Multi-Engine) and A&P Certificate
- Worked as a Residence Director, Youth Pastor, Flight Instructor and Aircraft Mechanic before pursuing service with MAF
- Born and raised in Stuart, FL
- Graduated from University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing
- Graduated from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN with a Master’s of Science Degree in Nursing
- Certified in Nurse-Midwifery and Family Nurse Practitioner
- Worked as a Labor & Delivery Nurse for six years and Certified Nurse-Midwife for two years before pursuing service with MAF